Individuals engage in decision-making processes an infinite number of times throughout their lives. Each process requires an exploration of options producing various results. The choices we make are shaped by time, place and circumstance and serve to influence the development of our character and our surrounding environment.
- How does history and circumstance inform our decision-making processes?
- How does choice shape identity and build character?
THE battle between your present and future self...
Why do people make the choices that they do? Hear what the expert has to say about that and see what connections you can make to Odysseus, himself!
THe Odyssey in film, Books 9-10
The odyssey in film, books 11-13
getting to know the myths
A few myths that have themes similar to the Odyssey:
The characteristics of an epic poem are...
1. The hero is a figure of great national or even cosmic
importance, and represents a culture's heroic
2. The setting of the poem is ample in
scale, and may be worldwide, or even larger.
3. The action involves superhuman deeds in battle.
4. In these great actions, the gods and other supernatural beings take an interest or an active part.
5. An epic poem is a ceremonial performance and is narrated in a ceremonial style which is deliberately distanced from
ordinary speech and proportioned to the grandeur and formality of the heroic subject matter and the epic architecture.
article of the week review
Need some extra help with marking the text for this week's Article of the Week? Review Mrs. West's prezi from class to go over each step!
Need access to the text? Click Here!
the marshmallow experiment
Why do we make the decisions that we do? What makes waiting for the things that we want seem so difficult at times?
The wanderings of odysseus
Need Some extra help creating